Do you desire to be a missionary? Do you sense God’s call? Are you burdened for His glory and the souls of men? This is good, but it is not enough! You must now give yourself to the tedious endeavor of preparation:
Submit to Godly Leadership: “You younger men, likewise, be subject to your elders; and all of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, for God is opposed to the proud, but gives grace to the humble” (I Peter 5:5).
Associate with the Wise: “He who walks with wise men will be wise, But the companion of fools will suffer harm” (Proverbs 13:20).
Study to Show Yourself Approved:
“Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth” (II Timothy 2:15).
Become an Intercessor:
“I searched for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand in the gap before Me for the land, so that I would not destroy it; but I found no one” (Ezekiel 22:30).
Be Faithful to Serve in Your Local Church:
“His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful slave. You were faithful with a few things, I will put you in charge of many things; enter into the joy of your master’” (Matthew 25:21).
Prepare Yourself for a Life of Sacrifice: Understand that missions is nothing more and nothing less than an opportunity to die (Amy Carmichael).
Being a missionary is much different from a “mission trip” or attending a missions conference. It is a hard work which demands enduring sacrifice and promises few temporal rewards.
- HeartCry Magazine 52nd Ed. Page 14-15
1 comments:
Bro,
Did I tell you I'm thinking about doing a 3-6mo missions trip fall of 2008?
Yea man... going to meet with some people from church to talk about the idea and see if it's even feesable.
Post a Comment